Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:06 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: to post a New Topic OR to reply and Existing Topic, you must be logged in

+  Forex Forum
|-+  FAQs & EA settings
| |-+  Frequently asked questions
| | |-+  increasing lots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: increasing lots  (Read 9008 times)
robl45
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:20:13 am »

I believe I read somewhere that the new versions of aeron are limited in how much they will keep increasing the lot sizes?  I have my demo on start lot 2 and it went up to a size of 14 last night, is that the top size it will go to or will it go higher, if it hits a stop loss at 14, it would kill the account.
aeron
Global Moderator

View Profile Aeron Forex Auto Trader
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:12:45 am »

robl45
Is it top size or not, it depends on the MaxTrades & Stoploss values
If I am right then you have total 3 Long opened positions in your account.
Obviously if position of 14 lots size hits the SL it will kill the account, but it will not hit SL, because:

Suppose there is averaged TP is set for all 3 positions is as 1.3460 (say), then it is not hard-and-fast that it will wait  to reach 1.3460, however if only your last position may come in profit then Aeron EA can close only this positions & again will set the averaged TP of remaining 2.

[apart from this you must have proper amount to handle these conditions, visit http://aeroninfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=517.0 to understand what you should set for First_Lots_Size according your account balance]

I don't know what is the account type & broker you are using, but normally Lots size 2 which you have setted need big money in your account to smoothly handle these situations.
for eg. on FxOpen you should have approx 80K+ balance to set First_Lots_Size=2

Aeron EA uses the variant of martingale it is not fully based on martingale technique.

I believe I read somewhere that the new versions of aeron are limited in how much they will keep increasing the lot sizes?  I have my demo on start lot 2 and it went up to a size of 14 last night, is that the top size it will go to or will it go higher, if it hits a stop loss at 14, it would kill the account.
Aeron Support
support@aeroninfo.com
aeron
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:16:49 am »

thats ok,
but still I would not say to go more than First_Lots_Size=1
because First_Lots_Size=1.0 means
second will be of 3,
third will be of 7
& fourth will be of 19 lots size

and these are quite big to realize loss or profit

I am using fxcm 100K demo account.
Aeron Support
support@aeroninfo.com
robl45
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17:33 am »

you mention TP, but what if it opens and just goes straight up if a short or down if a long, it will hit stoploss will it not?
robl45
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:32 am »

but i did it according to the post that said how to set lot size.  it said .02 lot size for 1000K account, so would it be 100X.02 or lot size of 2 for 100K account?

thats ok,
but I still I would not say to go more than First_Lots_Size=1
second will be of 3,
third will be of 7

aeron
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:34:48 am »

Yes, you are very correct that we say, 0.02 lot size for 1000K account.
But now suppose your account comes in loss during averaging, say you have 4 opened positions in your account & equity comes down to ~ $500 now to prevent from margin call you can deposit another $1000 or more to save your account, because price must retraces as its nature,

But if this account was of 100K then can you afford OR can you prepare your mind to put another $100K into your account, obviously not!

Small lots will give you small profit but sure profit without worry.

but i did it according to the post that said how to set lot size.  it said .02 lot size for 1000K account, so would it be 100X.02 or lot size of 2 for 100K account?

thats ok,
but I still I would not say to go more than First_Lots_Size=1
second will be of 3,
third will be of 7

Aeron Support
support@aeroninfo.com
robl45
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:48:47 am »

so basically i should keep it at 1 lot then?  but again, what happens if it hits a stoploss, you keep mentioned about take profits.  it can still hit the stoploss can it not?
aeron
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53:17 am »

Aeron EA does signal based trading & martingale system comes in action when its decision seems wrong like in your situation it did LONG trade while it shouldn't.

In the journey of upto SL, it will open & close several other LONG positions and all decisions will not be wrong, normally price witnesses Fibonacci retracement. It will be the worst case if price goes straight up/down & it hits the SL.

you mention TP, but what if it opens and just goes straight up if a short or down if a long, it will hit stoploss will it not?
Aeron Support
support@aeroninfo.com
ronald1
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 10:08:32 am »

I am using Aeron on 25K real account FxOpen
lots=0.20 this is the lowest possible value
but in future if there is 100K even i will not set lots more than 0.4
i prefer gradually but steady earning
i love martingale  8)
robl45
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:16 am »

are you seeing profit?  I had it set at lotsize 1 on the demo and just increased to 2 yesterday becaue i've seen like almost no profit.  i don't mind small profit of 30-40% a year, but if its 1% a month, thats a lot of risk.
ronald1
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 11:09:15 am »

i earned 3000+ on my 25K. started in mid january 2010. but in this week there is drawdown of approx 1500 in my account. but i am sure when it will come back there will be good profit, balance should be more than 3400.
i believe in fibonacci system, price must be back at certain levels, now there is 3 positions in my account, may be if downwards continues i will see 4 positions but i am ready for that situation.
i noticed in last months that when prices are volatile aeron gives very nice profitable results, but like these days sharp movement in currency you may see no loss no profit or may be a bit of loss.
so just be patient, cheers

my lots size is as small as i can only 0.20 and if i earn 3000 in 2 months on my 25K i am satisfied  8)
aeron
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 11:37:02 am »

robl45
Presently there is First_Lots_Size=2.0 in your account.
So be careful if you are going to decrease it, as you already have opened positions in your account, so please do not decrease its value until these positions close.

Because Aeron EA uses internally SL and closes the positions partially before the defined SL, and this partially lots size is in the multiple of First_Lots_Size, so if you decrease its value, then your opened positions may close abnormally and your account may book unnecessary loss.
Aeron Support
support@aeroninfo.com
cutyFx
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07:52 pm »

Hello ronald1,
I am excited in this topic therefore right now I joined this forum. Presently I am not using this ea not on demo not on real.

I was seeing on website testimonials that quite good return 100% in a month but it seems I have to do riskly & aggressive trading for this?

Safely I can expect 100% in a year not in month? Am I right?
 :-[

i earned 3000+ on my 25K. started in mid january 2010. but in this week there is drawdown of approx 1500 in my account. but i am sure when it will come back there will be good profit, balance should be more than 3400.
i believe in fibonacci system, price must be back at certain levels, now there is 3 positions in my account, may be if downwards continues i will see 4 positions but i am ready for that situation.
i noticed in last months that when prices are volatile aeron gives very nice profitable results, but like these days sharp movement in currency you may see no loss no profit or may be a bit of loss.

my lots size is as small as i can only 0.20 and if i earn 3000 in 2 months on my 25K i am satisfied  8)
QAZAQ1
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 12:17:04 pm »

Hello ronald1,
I am excited in this topic therefore right now I joined this forum. Presently I am not using this ea not on demo not on real.

I was seeing on website testimonials that quite good return 100% in a month but it seems I have to do riskly & aggressive trading for this?

Safely I can expect 100% in a year not in month? Am I right?
 :-[

No, I realized, with in-build settings of robot, any a/c can grow upto 300% or more in a year, depending upon the market trend.
alik

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 03:44:03 am »

Hello cutyFx,
With default settings you can make far more than 100% / anum.
I am using Aeron on 3 real accounts, but using my owned defined small lots size, not default. I believe in low profit but steady profit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length