Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:31 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: to post a New Topic OR to reply and Existing Topic, you must be logged in

+  Forex Forum
|-+  Performance/Results of Aeron
| |-+  EA Performance & it's mechanism
| | |-+  Some trades closed well before of the T/P target
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some trades closed well before of the T/P target  (Read 5133 times)
simon4x
Gold-Pips

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:54:27 pm »

I am running EA my $500 account with InstaTrader which allows trading upto 4-digits only. Here I have noticed that T/P is setted every time for every trade. Some positions closed at T/P target, but some positions were closed well short of the T/P target. Sometimes it has booked great profit (upto 62 pips in a single trade)also. Why is it so?
machala

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:16 pm »

Hi simon4x,
Aeron EA has Trailing SL feature.
So if you set TrailSL=TRUE, and TrailPips=12, then if your position goes 12+ pips in profit, then it starts to Trail your position. So due to Trailing, sometimes your position may close before TP or may book more then TP.

But Trailing feature of Aeron EA works only when you have only one BUY OR one SELL posiiton. Suppose you have 2 or more BUY positions, then it's trail feature will automatically disabled & positions will close at TP. Thatswhy you are getting some positions closed at TP.

machala
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length