FAQs & EA settings > Frequently asked questions

increasing lots

(1/4) > >>

robl45:
I believe I read somewhere that the new versions of aeron are limited in how much they will keep increasing the lot sizes?  I have my demo on start lot 2 and it went up to a size of 14 last night, is that the top size it will go to or will it go higher, if it hits a stop loss at 14, it would kill the account.

aeron:
robl45
Is it top size or not, it depends on the MaxTrades & Stoploss values
If I am right then you have total 3 Long opened positions in your account.
Obviously if position of 14 lots size hits the SL it will kill the account, but it will not hit SL, because:

Suppose there is averaged TP is set for all 3 positions is as 1.3460 (say), then it is not hard-and-fast that it will wait  to reach 1.3460, however if only your last position may come in profit then Aeron EA can close only this positions & again will set the averaged TP of remaining 2.

[apart from this you must have proper amount to handle these conditions, visit http://aeroninfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=517.0 to understand what you should set for First_Lots_Size according your account balance]

I don't know what is the account type & broker you are using, but normally Lots size 2 which you have setted need big money in your account to smoothly handle these situations.
for eg. on FxOpen you should have approx 80K+ balance to set First_Lots_Size=2

Aeron EA uses the variant of martingale it is not fully based on martingale technique.

--- Quote from: robl45 on March 25, 2010, 06:20:13 am ---I believe I read somewhere that the new versions of aeron are limited in how much they will keep increasing the lot sizes?  I have my demo on start lot 2 and it went up to a size of 14 last night, is that the top size it will go to or will it go higher, if it hits a stop loss at 14, it would kill the account.

--- End quote ---

aeron:
thats ok,
but still I would not say to go more than First_Lots_Size=1
because First_Lots_Size=1.0 means
second will be of 3,
third will be of 7
& fourth will be of 19 lots size

and these are quite big to realize loss or profit

--- Quote from: robl45 on March 25, 2010, 08:58:45 am ---I am using fxcm 100K demo account.

--- End quote ---

robl45:
you mention TP, but what if it opens and just goes straight up if a short or down if a long, it will hit stoploss will it not?

robl45:
but i did it according to the post that said how to set lot size.  it said .02 lot size for 1000K account, so would it be 100X.02 or lot size of 2 for 100K account?

--- Quote from: aeron on March 25, 2010, 09:16:49 am ---thats ok,
but I still I would not say to go more than First_Lots_Size=1
because First_Lots_Size=1.0 means
second will be of 3,
third will be of 7
& fourth will be of 19 lots size

and these are quite big to realize loss or profit

--- Quote from: robl45 on March 25, 2010, 08:58:45 am ---I am using fxcm 100K demo account.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version